These are life changing experiences: If you see how other people live – particularly when people who come from very different backgrounds, with very different belief systems are kind and hospitable to you, particularly when they have few means to do so – or their generosity comes at great cost.
To be the recipient of random acts of kindness from strangers, to see how other people live, how hard their lives are…how different – and how similar.
To see a Saudi family behind closed doors…to get drunk with Vietnamese rice farmers…presumably expands one’s horizons and level of tolerance.
- k-vfka likes this
- crystalhearts24 likes this
- tyrannasauruslex likes this
- howtobeunhappy likes this
- mdtepsic likes this
- briannagarriott reblogged this from nangobitraveler
- bradenbetts reblogged this from wanderingwanderingstar
- wanderingwanderingstar reblogged this from wanderfly
- wanderfly reblogged this from nangobitraveler
- orangepopsicklesticks likes this
- alices---adventures likes this
- emptywithoutchrist likes this
- ldyp1r8 reblogged this from nangobitraveler
- theeunbearablelightnessofbeing reblogged this from anthonymichaelbourdain
- anthonymichaelbourdain reblogged this from nangobitraveler
- singingmagpie likes this
- nangobitraveler posted this